The Moodle platform allows you to easily create, customize, and share assignments with your students. Instructors can customize the way that assignments are scored as well as the ways that students are able to submit their assignments. There are options to have students submit assignments using the built in text-editor or by uploading and submitted files.
- Assignments are an important part of most courses.…They allow students the opportunity…to demonstrate their understanding of the content.…And they allow teachers an opportunity…to receive feedback on how well…their students are learning as well as an opportunity…to give students feedback regarding their learning.…In this video, we'll take a look at how to create…an assignment in our Moodle course.…First, I need to make sure that editing is turned on.…In the upper right, I'll click "Turn editing on".…And now I'll navigate to the section…that I'd like to include this assignment in.…
I'm going to put it into the "Crafting a Message" section.…And at the bottom of the section,…I'm going to click on "Add an activity or resource".…From here, I'll double-click on "Assignment".…And the first thing we need to do is to name our assignment.…This one is called "The Art of Conversation".…Now, I already have some text copied…that I'm going to put in here for the assignment.…Inside of the text editor, in the description area,…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Starting with a blank course shell
- Using Moodle blocks to add different features and functionality
- Creating course sections
- Adding resources as file downloads and links
- Incorporating assignments, quizzes, and forums
- Enrolling students
- Creating groups
- Setting up the gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.0
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.0
Adjusting course settings7m 32s
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.