Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Assigning permissions globally, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- Having all these users and roles in their…corresponding capabilities can start to get…a little confusing.…That's why we're gonna look at how to asses all this…information from a global perspective in this video.…Two pages in the administrative area will help…us to do this task,…"Capability Overview" and "Check System Permissions".…First, we'll go to Capability Overview,…and as you can see I'm already here.…With Capability Overview, you can compare one…general roles capabilities against that of another.…We see two boxes, one with all the capabilities,…and one with all the roles.…
From here, it's just a matter of selecting which…capabilities you want to view against whichever roles,…and Moodle creates a comparative report.…These are multiple select menus,…so click on one and hold down "shift",…while clicking on a second one…to select the rest in between.…Or hold down control…to cherry pick the ones you want.…I'm gonna choose "manager",…"teacher", and "student",…and I'm gonna compare them…against the grading capabilities.…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.