Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying a theme, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- In the last video,…I selected a decent theme,…so now let's go ahead and apply it.…Here you can see the zip file that I downloaded.…I'm going to go ahead and extract that.…Once I extract it, we get a file…with a theme name, Dynamic.…If we open that, we can see the theme files inside.…But I'll just back up here to the folder.…Now I need to place this folder…inside of the theme folder in Moodle…that houses the other themes.…For that, we're going to open up XAMPP.…I'll click on the Explorer button,…and then our Public Folder, which was htdocs.…
Now, I'll go into my Moodle Project Folder,…which was gols.…The folder that we're looking for here…that houses the themes is actually called,…you guessed it, Themes.…So, let's scroll down and find that.…Here it is.…I'll just double-click.…Now, I'll go back to my theme folder, Dynamic,…and I'll paste that in.…You can see the names of some other theme folders over here,…like Clean and Canvas.…Dynamic will now live side-by-side with those themes.…Let's head back to the Moodle dashboard.…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.