Announcements are a great way to inform your class about any important news or notifications. The announcements feature is built into the introduction section of your course.
- [Instructor] One of the keys … to your course running smoothly will be communication. … Moodle recognizes this, and has created … the Announcements feature, … to help you keep students updated and informed. … In this video, we'll take a look … at how to use Announcements, which is a feature built in … to the introduction section of your course. … Now earlier, we discussed how to customize … the different sections of our course. … And one of these, at the very top, … is our course introduction section. … Here, at the bottom of it, … we have the Announcements feature. … This feature provides an easy way … to communicate with your entire class, at the same time, … on the Moodle platform. … I'm going to add an announcement, … to remind students about a guest speaker … that we have coming in. … I'll click on Announcements. … And from here, I don't yet have any announcements, … so I'm going to click Add a new topic. … In here, I'll type in Guest Speaker on Friday. … And below this is where we can put in the message. …
- Name the theme that was recently introduced in Moodle 3.3.
- Recognize the symbol that indicates Moodle inline help.
- Identify the block used to keep track of a course schedule.
- Apply the Pencil tool to change the number of points that a quiz question is worth.
- Define a “single simple discussion.”
- Determine the default minimum score required to receive an A.
- Recall the Moodle backup format that is compatible with other learning management systems.
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 2s
1. Learning Management Systems (LMSs)
New features in Moodle 3.63m 25s
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.6
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.6
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.