Announcements are a great way to inform your class about any important news or notifications. Learn how the announcements feature is built into the introduction section of your course.
- [Instructor] One of the keys to your course…running smoothly will be communication.…Moodle recognizes this,…and has created the announcements feature…to help you keep your students updated and informed.…In this video, we'll take a look…at how to use the announcements feature,…which is built directly into…the introduction section of your course.…Earlier, we discussed how to…customize the different sections.…One of these at the very top was the introduction section.…I named mine Welcome to Biology 101.…If I scroll down here,…you can see this announcements feature.…
This feature provides an easy way…to communicate with your entire class…at the same time on the Moodle platform.…I'm going to go ahead and add an announcement…to remind students about a guest speaker…that we have coming in.…I'll click on announcements,…and from here I'm going to click on add a new topic.…I can add the title.…Going to title it Reminder, Guest Speaker on Friday.…And down below I'll paste in a message…that I've already typed out.…It's just letting students know…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile
- Creating sections within a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Adding course resources
- Quizzing students
- Managing course participants
- Customizing the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 31s
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.4
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.4
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.