Announcements are a great way to inform your class about any important news or notifications. The announcements feature is built into the introduction section of your course.
- [Instructor] One of the keys to your course…running smoothly will be communication.…Moodle recognizes this and has created…the Announcements feature to help you keep your students…updated and informed.…In this video, we'll take a look at how to use…the Announcements feature which is built directly in…to the Introductions section of your course.…Earlier, we discussed how to customize…the different sections.…One of these at the very top was the Introduction section,…I named mine Welcome to Biology 101.…If I scroll down here,…you can see this Announcements feature.…
This feature provides an easy way to communicate…with your entire class at the same time…on the Moodle platform.…I'm going to go ahead and add an announcement…to remind students about a guest speaker…that we have coming in.…I'll click on Announcements,…and from here I'm going to click on Add a new topic.…I can add the title, I'm going to title it Reminder:…Guest Speaker on Friday,…and down below I'll past in a message…that I've already typed out.…It's just letting students know that we have…
- New features in Moodle 3.3
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and navigation settings
- Creating a course in Moodle 3.3
- Adjusting course settings
- Adding resources to the different sections of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
Skill Level Beginner
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS)
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.3
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.3
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.