Announcements are a great way to inform your class about any important news or notifications. The announcements feature is built into the introduction section of your course.
- [Instructor] One of the keys…to having your course run smoothly…will be quality communication.…Moodle recognizes this and has created…the announcements feature…to help keep your students updated and informed.…In this video, we'll take a look…at how to use the announcement feature.…Now earlier we discussed how to customize…the different sections of your course.…One of these at the very top…was titled, The Introduction Section.…I titled mine, Welcome to Concepts of Biology.…Now if I scroll down, at the bottom…you can see the announcements feature.…This feature provides an easy way…to communicate with your entire class…at the same time, on the Moodle platform.…
I'm going to add an announcement…and remind students about a guest speaker…we have coming in.…I'll click on announcements,…and from inside of here…I'll click Add a new topic.…I'm going to title it Reminder Guest Speaker on Friday.…Below this, we can add the actual message.…And I'm going to paste on that I already have typed out.…Now highlight this, and I'm going to change it…
- Downloading and installing Moodle
- New features in Moodle 3.2
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and notification settings
- Using inline help
- Creating a course
- Adding resources to course sections
- Using labels
- Customizing the look and layout of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
- Setting up the Moodle gradebook
- Saving a backup of your course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 35s
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.2
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.2
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.