Announcements are a great way to inform your class about any important news or notifications. The announcements feature is built into the introduction section of your course. In this video, learn how to create announcements in Moodle to help keep learners updated and informed.
- [Narrator] One of the keys … to your course running smoothly will be communication. … Moodle recognizes this, … and has created the Announcements feature … to help you keep students updated and informed. … In this video, we'll take a look … at how to use Announcements, … which is a feature built … in to the Introduction section of your course. … Now, earlier, we discussed how … to customize the different sections of our course, … and one of these, at the very top, … is our Course Introduction section. … Here, at the bottom of it, … we have the Announcements feature. … This feature provides an easy way … to communicate with your entire class … at the same time on the Moodle platform. … I'm going to add an announcement … to remind students about a guest speaker … that we have coming in. … I'll click on Announcements, … and from here, I don't yet have any announcements, … so I'm going to click, "Add a new topic." … And here I'll type in, "Guest Speaker on Friday," … and below this is where we can put in the message. …
- Setting up an instructor profile
- Creating a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Posting announcements
- Adding resources and activities
- Managing files and URLs
- Adding assignments
- Creating a quiz
- Enrolling students in a course
- Chatting and sending messages
- Setting up a gradebook
- Viewing gradebook reports
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS)
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.7
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.7
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
Next steps1m 34s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.