Moodle has a default grading scale that they use to convert percentages into letter grades. This is easy to customize, however, so that you can ensure that it is similar to the grading policy for your institution.
- [Instructor] Let's take a quick look at how to adjust … the gradient scale so that it fits your course … or institution's policy. … Now in order to do this I'm going to go to the left hand … side and click on Grades. … This brings us to the grade book which we just took … a look at. … Now if I scroll down a little, you'll see here we have … these different tabs. … I want to click on the letters tab. … This is going to show us the letter grades associated … with different percentages. … Now this may be one that's been entered in by our … institution or you might be fine with the default one … that's in here. … But if you want to edit it or make changes you can do that. … I'll go up to the top here and click Edit Grade Letters … and then it allows us to make changes. … All we need to do is click override site defaults … and I can go in here and make those changes, so I'll change … this to a 92 percent. … Let's say then I need to change this to an 82 percent … and we can go in and make those changes. …
- Name the theme that was recently introduced in Moodle 3.3.
- Recognize the symbol that indicates Moodle inline help.
- Identify the block used to keep track of a course schedule.
- Apply the Pencil tool to change the number of points that a quiz question is worth.
- Define a “single simple discussion.”
- Determine the default minimum score required to receive an A.
- Recall the Moodle backup format that is compatible with other learning management systems.
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 2s
1. Learning Management Systems (LMSs)
New features in Moodle 3.63m 25s
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.6
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.6
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.