Moodle has a default grading scale that they use to convert percentages into letter grades. This is easy to customize, however, so that you can ensure that it is similar to the grading policy for your institution.
- [Instructor] Let's take a quick look…at how to adjust the grading scale…so that it fits your course…or institution's policy.…Now in order to do this,…I'm going to go to the left-hand side…and click on Grades.…This brings us to the grade book…which we just took a look at.…Now if I scroll down a little,…you'll see here we have these different tabs.…I wanna click on the Letters tab.…This is going to show us the letter grades…associated with different percentages.…Now this may be one that's been entered in…by your institution,…or you might be fine with the default one that's in here,…but if you want to edit it…or make changes,…you can do that.…
I'll go up to he to here…and click Edit grade letters,…and then it allows us to make changes.…All we need to do is click Override site defaults,…and I can go in here…and make those changes.…So I'll change this to a 92%.…Let's say that I need to change this to an 82%.…And we can go in…and make those changes.…Now maybe you wanna get rid of the plus…and minus grades altogether…or make some other change that your institution implements.…
- Setting up an instructor profile
- Creating a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Posting announcements
- Adding resources and activities
- Managing files and URLs
- Adding assignments
- Creating a quiz
- Enrolling students in a course
- Chatting and sending messages
- Setting up a gradebook
- Viewing gradebook reports
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Moodle: Working with Themeswith Chris Mattia58m 17s Advanced
1. Learning Management Systems
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.5
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.5
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.