Moodle has a default grading scale that they use to convert percentages into letter grades. This is easy to customize, however, so that you can ensure that it is similar to the grading policy for your institution.
- [Instructor] In this video, let's take…a look at one final thing with regards…to grades and the gradebook.…And that is, how to adjust the grade scale so…that it fits your course or institution's policy.…On the left navigation bar, I'm going…to click on Grades.…And I want to make sure my editing is turned on…in the upper-right corner.…And then under Grader Report, I want to select…the link that says Letters.…I'll click here.…And it will show the default grade letters…that are in here.…
If you want to make changes to this,…let's say for instance you have…a different set of numbers that correspond…with your course or institution's policy,…or perhaps you don't even have A minuses,…B pluses, and so on, you can edit this easily.…All I need to do is click Edit Grade Letters.…Here I'll click Override Site Defaults.…If I don't have this checked, you'll see…that I can't click inside of here.…So if I click Override, I can now go in…and change any of these letters…on the left-hand side, and any of the percentages…on the right-hand side.…
- Downloading and installing Moodle
- New features in Moodle 3.2
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and notification settings
- Using inline help
- Creating a course
- Adding resources to course sections
- Using labels
- Customizing the look and layout of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
- Setting up the Moodle gradebook
- Saving a backup of your course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 35s
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.2
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.2
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.