Moodle allows you to customize your course settings including the look and layout as well as the different features and functions. Be sure to customize your course settings before inviting students into your course, in order to ensure that the course is easy for students to navigate.
- [Oliver] In this video, let's take a look … at how we can adjust some of our course settings. … Right now I'm inside of my Biology 101 course, … and in the upper right corner, … I want to click on the gear icon. … From here, we have several options, … we can edit our settings, access filters, … gradebook setup, outcomes, and more. … At the top, I'm going to click on Edit settings. … And this brings us to our course settings page. … If I scroll down, you'll see here that there are many things … we can adjust, including the course full name, … short name, the category, its visibility, … and this is a page that really represents … a great example of how you can use Moodle's inline help. … So if there's some of these things … that you're not quite sure what they mean, … you can click on that circle icon … with the question mark inside. … For instance, for Course visibility, … it's telling me here it determines … whether the course appears in the list of courses … and whether students can access it. …
- Name the theme that was recently introduced in Moodle 3.3.
- Recognize the symbol that indicates Moodle inline help.
- Identify the block used to keep track of a course schedule.
- Apply the Pencil tool to change the number of points that a quiz question is worth.
- Define a “single simple discussion.”
- Determine the default minimum score required to receive an A.
- Recall the Moodle backup format that is compatible with other learning management systems.
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 2s
1. Learning Management Systems (LMSs)
New features in Moodle 3.63m 25s
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.6
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.6
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.