Moodle allows you to customize your course settings, including the look and layout as well as the different features and functions. Be sure to customize your course settings before inviting students into your course, in order to ensure that the course is easy for students to navigate.
- [Instructor] In this video, let's take a look…at how we can adjust some of our core settings.…In the upper right-hand corner, I'm going to click…on the gear icon.…And from here we have many different options:…we can edit settings, we can adjust filters,…gradebook setup, outcomes, backup and more.…These are a lot of things that we had to use blocks…in order to accomplish before the boost theme.…In this case, I want to edit settings,…so I'll click on the top choice…and this brings us to the settings for our course.…We can see here that we have the course title,…the short name, as well as some other information.…
Now this is a great page to take advantage…of Moodle's inline help.…So you can see here that the circle icon…with a question mark in it, represents that inline help.…I can click on any of these and it will give me…a description of that field.…For instance, this one is course visibility.…If my course isn't completed yet and I don't want it…to appear, I can go ahead and click on hide.…In this case, I'll click on show again now.…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile
- Creating sections within a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Adding course resources
- Quizzing students
- Managing course participants
- Customizing the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 31s
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.4
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.4
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.