Moodle allows you to customize your course settings including the look and layout as well as the different features and functions. Be sure to customize your course settings before inviting students into your course, in order to ensure that the course is easy for students to navigate.
- [Instructor] In this video, let's take a look…at how we can adjust some of our course settings.…In the upper right hand corner,…I'm going to click on the gear icon.…And from here we have many different options.…We can Edit settings, we can adjust Filters,…Gradebook setup, Outcomes, Backup and more.…These are a lot of things that we had to use blocks…in order to accomplish before the Boost theme.…In this cases I want to Edit settings…so I'll click on the top choice…and this brings us to the settings for our course.…We can see here that we have the course title,…the short name as well as some other information.…
Now this is a great page to take advantage…of Moodle's inline help.…So you can see here that the circle icon…with a question mark in it represents that inline help.…I can click on any of these and it will give me…a description of that field.…For instance this one is course visibility.…If my course isn't completed yet and I don't…want it to appear, I can go ahead and click on hide.…In this case I'll click on Show again though.…
- New features in Moodle 3.3
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and navigation settings
- Creating a course in Moodle 3.3
- Adjusting course settings
- Adding resources to the different sections of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
Skill Level Beginner
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS)
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.3
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.3
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.