Moodle allows you to customize your course settings, including the look and layout as well as the different features and functions. Be sure to customize your course settings before inviting students into your course, in order to ensure that the course is easy for students to navigate.
- [Instructor] In this video, let's take a look…at how we can adjust some of our course settings.…Now with the new Boost theme that comes with…the release of Moodle 3.2 things have changed…quite a bit as far as the way that the site looks.…In the upper right hand corner, if I click…on the gear icon, you'll notice that we have…access to many things.…We can edit settings, turn editing on or off.…We have filters, gradebook setup, outcomes, and more.…Many of these things were ones that were only available…in the administration block, however they now appear here.…In order to edit the settings for the course,…I'm going to click on the top choice,…which is edit settings.…
Here you'll see I have the course title,…Concepts of Biology, the course short name.…You can categorize it, decide whether or not…you want it to be visible,…so if a course is in development,…you can click here, and choose to hide it,…and then when it's ready, click to show it,…and you can also decide on the course start date…and the course end date.…
- Downloading and installing Moodle
- New features in Moodle 3.2
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and notification settings
- Using inline help
- Creating a course
- Adding resources to course sections
- Using labels
- Customizing the look and layout of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
- Setting up the Moodle gradebook
- Saving a backup of your course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 35s
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.2
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.2
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.