Moodle allows you to customize your course settings including the look and layout as well as the different features and functions. In this video, learn how to customize your Moodle course settings.
- [Man] In this video, … let's take a look at how we can adjust … some of our course settings. … Right now I'm inside of my Biology 101 course. … And in the upper right corner, … I want to click on the gear icon. … From here we have several options. … We can edit our settings, … access filters, … gradebook setup, … outcomes and more. … At the top, … I'm going to click on edit settings. … And this brings us to our course settings page. … If I scroll down, … you'll see here … that there are many things we can adjust, … including the course full name, … short name, … the category, … it's visibility. … And this is a page that … really represents a great example … of how you can use Moodle's inline help. … So if there's some of these things … that you're not quite sure what they mean, … you can click on that circle icon, … with the question mark inside. … For instance, … for course visibility. … It's telling me here … determines whether the course appears … in the list of courses … and whether students can access it. …
- Setting up an instructor profile
- Creating a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Posting announcements
- Adding resources and activities
- Managing files and URLs
- Adding assignments
- Creating a quiz
- Enrolling students in a course
- Chatting and sending messages
- Setting up a gradebook
- Viewing gradebook reports
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS)
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.7
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.7
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
Next steps1m 34s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.