Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a new user, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- In this chapter, we're going to look at how to…add, manipulate, and delete users.…This is one of the most fundamental things you'll…need to do as a Moodle administrator,…so let's get started and add our first user.…I'm back in the Moodle dashboard.…We're going to head over to the administration block.…Then, 'Site administration,' 'Users,' and then 'Accounts.'…After that, I'll go to 'Add new user.'…That takes us to this new user page.…I'm going to add the username, jsmith.…That's going to stand for John Smith.…
Next we're going to choose an authentication method.…You can see there are a lot of options,…but only three are enabled with this installation.…I'm going to stick with the default, 'Manual accounts.'…But you can see users could also register by email…or not have to log in at all.…After that, there's an option to…suspend the account right away.…This is useful if you want to somehow approve…or authenticate a first time user outside of the…Moodle environment or, of course, if you need to come back…and suspend the user later for whatever other reason.…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Intermediate
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.