Join Kevin Kelly for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding, moving, editing, and deleting blocks, part of Moodle 2.8 Essential Training.
- In the last video, we looked at the basics…of working in Moodle sections,…which live in the enter of your course page.…In this video, well work with Moodle Blocks,…in the left and right columns.…While sections allow you to add resources and activities…for your class,…Blocks allow you to add extra functionality…or easy access to specific areas of your Moodle course.…Let's turn editing on,…and start looking at some of the most common…Blocks and what they do.…I'll turn editing on using the Administration Block.…Speaking of the Administration Block,…it's one of the most common.…
It allows the teacher to make changes…to the Moodle course overall.…Other Blocks make it easier for you and your students…to get around your course.…The Navigating Block, which I'll expand here,…allows you to jump to different sections in the course.…The Activities Block,…links to every activity you've created in your course…listed by type of activity,…such as Forms, Quizzes, or Resources.…Some Blocks allow you to access specific…activities or functions.…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Setting up learning outcomes
- Adding, moving, editing, and deleting blocks
- Uploading files for students to download
- Adding links and RSS feeds
- Adding students and teaching assistants
- Creating groups
- Communicating with announcements, polls, emails, and chat
- Facilitating discussions, peer review, and team projects
- Creating and grading quizzes and assignments
- Working with the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Ready to Teach with Moodle
2. Preparing Your Course in Moodle
3. Managing Course Resources in Moodle
4. Managing Course Participants in Moodle
5. Communicating with Students in Moodle
6. Facilitating Activities in Moodle
7. Assessing Learning in Moodle
8. Course Administration in Moodle
Setting up the gradebook5m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.