Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding HTML to your theme, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- There are times when you want to add…your own HTML to a Moodle interface.…Let's look at how to do that now.…Moodle provides some pre-reserved areas…on the interface where you can add…your own custom HTML.…These areas will vary depending…on what theme you're using.…It's also possible that some theme authors…may have removed the areas altogether.…So always bear that in mind if you can't get it…to work on your particular theme.…You'll see that you have three reserved areas…where you can add HTML.…The first one is for the HEAD tag of an HTML document.…The HEAD tag is where you can add…certain code the user never sees,…such as, say code directed at search engines.…
I'm gonna go ahead and add a meta tag here.…A meta tag is one of those little bits of HTML…that talks to a search engine.…More specifically, I'm gonna add the meta tag…that declares the code author to the search engine.…The space below lets you add code…just after the BODY tag opens.…In HTML code, that would be the line…right after that BODY tag.…For Lynda Premium members,…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Intermediate
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.