With the new Boost theme in Moodle 3.4, blocks are not as important as they have been in the past. You can still utilize blocks to create your course, but they will not be visible on the Moodle Mobile version of your course.
- [Oliver] If you've used Moodle in the past, … you're likely familiar with blocks. … Blocks are ways that you can customize your page … by adding elements, such as a calendar, … upcoming events, and more. … One issue with blocks in the current format of Moodle … is that they will not appear on the mobile version … of your Moodle course. … This is being used by more and more students, … and it's something you need to consider. … When Moodle upgraded to version 3.2, … they added the new Boost theme, … which doesn't rely as heavily on blocks. … With that being said, you can still use them. … So in this video, let's take a quick look … at how you can add a block to your course page. … First, I need to make sure that editing is turned on, … and currently, it is. … Next, I can go over here to the left hand menu. … Now remember in the Boost theme, … that you do have the ability to click on … this three lines icon and have that menu open up or close. … When it's open, I can scroll to the bottom …
- New features in Moodle 3.6
- Setting up an instructor profile
- Creating a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Posting announcements
- Adding resources and activities
- Managing files and URLs
- Adding assignments
- Creating a quiz
- Enrolling students in a course
- Chatting and sending messages
- Setting up a gradebook
- Viewing gradebook reports
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Moodle: Working with Themeswith Chris Mattia58m 17s Advanced
What you should know1m 2s
1. Learning Management Systems (LMSs)
New features in Moodle 3.63m 25s
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.6
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.6
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.