With the new Boost theme in Moodle 3.2, blocks are not as important as they have been in the past. You can still utilize blocks to create your course, but they will not be visible on the Moodle Mobile version of your course.
- [Instructor] If you've used Moodle in the past,…then you're likely familiar with blocks.…Blocks are a way that you can customize your page…by adding elements such as a calendar,…upcoming events, and more.…One issue with blocks in Moodle is that they won't appear…on the mobile version of your Moodle course,…which is being used by more and more students.…When Moodle upgraded to version 3.2,…they added the new Boost theme,…which doesn't rely as heavily on blocks.…Remember that if I click on the three lines icon…up at the top left, I can bring out this navigation menu…that has a lot of the different elements…that we normally would've used blocks for.…
With that being said, you can still use blocks if you want.…So, in this video, let's take a look…at how you can add blocks to your course page.…First, in the upper right hand corner,…if I click on the gear icon,…I want to make sure that editing is turned on.…Next, I'm going to go over to the left hand side…and click on the three lines icon.…I'll scroll down and, at the bottom,…
- New features in Moodle 3.3
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and navigation settings
- Creating a course in Moodle 3.3
- Adjusting course settings
- Adding resources to the different sections of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
Skill Level Beginner
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS)
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.3
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.3
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.