With the new Boost theme in Moodle 3.2, blocks are not as important as they have been in the past. You can still utilize blocks to create your course, but they will not be visible on the Moodle mobile version of your course.
- [Instructor] If you've used Moodle in the past,…then you're likely familiar with the concept of blocks.…Blocks have provided a way for you to…customize your Moodle page by adding elements such as…a calendar, upcoming events and more.…One issue with blocks however,…is that they will not appear on the mobile version…of your Moodle course, which is becoming more and more…familiar among students.…One of the most significant updates…with the release of Moodle 3.2…is the new Boost theme, which we're using here.…The Boost theme doesn't rely as heavily on blocks.…As you can see in the upper left hand corner,…if I click on the three lines icon,…we get this menu that appears…that allows us to access certain elements…such as the calendar.…
With that being said, you can still add blocks…so in this video, let's take a look at…how you can do that.…The first thing I need to do is make sure that…editing is turned on so I'll click on the…gear icon in the upper right hand corner…and make sure that I have editing turned on,…which is the second choice down.…
- Downloading and installing Moodle
- New features in Moodle 3.2
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and notification settings
- Using inline help
- Creating a course
- Adding resources to course sections
- Using labels
- Customizing the look and layout of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
- Setting up the Moodle gradebook
- Saving a backup of your course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 35s
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.2
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.2
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.