Join Jolie Miller for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Job Hunting Online.
I've made the excercise files in this course available to all lynda.com members so you can follow along in creating an action plan, using resume templates and seeing my sample resumes, and seeing my sample cover letter and a template for cover letters. Once you download this file from the lynda.com website, just open it up and you'll be able to explore along with me.
Then take a quick workshop on applying for a job—from finding the ad to researching the company, tailoring your resume and cover letter, and submitting the application.
- Making a plan for job hunting
- Using popular job sites such as Monster, Simply Hired, and Indeed
- Networking and finding jobs on LinkedIn
- Using Twitter to search for jobs
- Scanning sites of companies you want to work for
- Approaching recruiters
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Job Hunting Online
Determining your objectives5m 37s
2. Using LinkedIn
3. Using Other Popular Job Sites
4. Workshop: Applying for a Job
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.