Join Anson Alexander for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding agents and users, part of Learning Mojo Helpdesk.
- Now that we've setup our Helpdesk system, let's go ahead and add a new agent to our system, so that we have somebody to respond to tickets when they're submitted. From the Mojo Helpdesk Dashboard, I'm going to navigate to the top right of my screen, and click on the wrench icon. On the dropdown menu that appears, I'm going to click on Helpdesk Settings. This is where we can configure all of the settings within Mojo Helpdesk. And you'll notice that the first section on the screen is Users & Permissions.
This is where we can add new users. To add a new agent, I'm going to click on the Agents box but if I wanted to add just a regular user, I could click on the Users box. On the screen that appears, it lists all of the current agents within our Mojo Helpdesk system. To add a new agent, I'm going to click on the red button at the top right of the screen that says +New User. In the window that appears, we can enter all of the information about our new user. So let's go ahead enter his name, email and role.
Since Brian is going to be an agent in our system, I'm going to click on the Role dropdown menu and select Agent, but notice all of the roles within Mojo Helpdesk are available for us to select right from this dropdown. We can specify whether or not Brian will also be able to create tickets in addition to responding to them, and we can also add Brian to a group. Later on the course, I'm going to show you how you can modify groups. But when we created our Helpdesk system, it automatically created a group called Landon Hotel.
So let's go ahead and add Brian to that group for now. We can also specify the time zone that Brian's located in, his language, and if we click on the More Information link, we have some other fields that we can fill in as well, including his phone numbers and his fax number. We can also enter additional notes about Brian and when we're ready, we can click the green Create button at the bottom of the window. You'll notice that Brian Klein now appears on our list of Mojo Helpdesk agents, and I can see he's an agent because of the blue box to the right of his name.
Brian should've also received a welcome email from Mojo Helpdesk with instructions on how to login to his account. If he didn't receive that email however, he can login, by going to landonhotel.mojohelpdesk.com as we can see in the address bar in our browser. I'm going to copy this address, and I'm going to log out of my account so we can see what the login page will look like for Brian. So here we are at landonhotel.mojohelpdesk.com, if Brian wanted to log in to his account, he could click on the Login to check your tickets button at the top right of the screen.
He can enter his email and the password that was sent to him and if he didn't receive a welcome email or he forgets his password, he can always click on the Forgot password button. So this is how you can create new agents and users in Mojo Helpdesk and how they can log in once their account has been created.
- Identify the roles of users within the hierarchy of Mojo Helpdesk.
- Summarize how to assign queues to a particular agent.
- Recall how to create email notifications for agents.
- Determine how to secure sensitive information passing through the Helpdesk.
- Explain how to filter tickets based on chosen criteria.
- Recognize the steps for customizing the information within the knowledge base.