mocha 2.6 Essential Training
mocha has always been very popular as a tracking tool, but with the rising interest in stereo 3D conversion, its rotoscoping capabilities have become a favorite player in that pipeline and sales have soared. In this course, Steve Wright covers the basics of operating mocha, as well as advanced tracking and rotoscoping techniques. The course also covers the mocha/Nuke stereo 3D production pipeline in detail.
- Understanding mocha preferences
- Drawing and editing splines
- Creating grids for tracking awkward surfaces
- Keyframing techniques for advanced rotoscoping
- Making stereo 3D conversions
- Stabilizing techniques for advanced tracking
- [Voiceover] This is Steve Wright for Lynda.com, welcoming you to my mocha workshop. Rotoscoping is an essential skill for virtually all artists in visual effects today, and this workshop will show you how to do it with mocha. Mocha is unusual because it's both a motion-tracking program as well as a rotoscoping program created by Imagineer Systems. The built-in planar tracker allows you to track objects better than a point tracker, then this tracking data is linked to the rotoshapes to help speed up the entire rotoscoping process.
Think of mocha's planar tracker as a roto-assist. In this course, you will learn not just how to operate mocha, but also advanced rotoscoping techniques that you can use with any roto package. The first lesson of the course is basic rotoscoping, so you will learn how to create, edit, and keyframe roto shapes with mocha. The second lesson introduces the planar tracker, and shows you how to use it to assist in your roto work. The third lesson is advanced rotoscoping technique, where you will learn the art of rotoscoping, with keyframing strategies, shape break-downs, control point placement, inspection procedures, and how to export roto shapes to other programs.
The fourth lesson is advanced tracking, where you will learn how to track difficult targets, adjust the planar tracker's internal settings, and how to export the tracking data to external programs. To begin, all you have to do is click on the next movie. Welcome aboard!
Photo Restoration Techniques: Color Casts and Fading27,998 Views
Premiere Pro CS6 for Avid and Final Cut Pro Editors57,585 Views
SketchUp 8 Essential Training863,779 Views
Mixing a Rock Song in Pro Tools45,516 Views
Up and Running with Box62,460 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,533,490 Views
DaVinci Resolve 11 Essential Training623,069 Views
Deke's Techniques1,435,609 Views
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)1,784,172 Views
Video Gear Weekly717,626 Views