In this video tutorial, Noah Elkin explains how to develop personas to help you understand your audience segments. Personas model an audience segment into a fictional person and then you can map each persona's customer journey to understand key touchpoints and mobile marketing needs.
- [Instructor] Marketing to a nameless, faceless audience…is challenging, isn't it?…Wouldn't it be easier to picture an actual person…you're trying to reach with your marketing campaign?…That's where personas come in handy.…In essence, a persona models an audience segment…into a fictional person,…one that you can actually visualize…moving through all the steps and actions…that a real customer would perform.…This process enables you to develop…an understanding of your customers in a more human way,…that an abstract segment really can't.…That doesn't mean that all the segmentation work…you've done is for nought.…
To the contrary, you need all the data you've uncovered…in order to develop a representative customer profile.…To create a persona,…take the segment data and humanize it.…In other words, give the person a name,…gender, life circumstances, and so on,…that match up to the information that you've collected.…For example, you might know…that moms ages 35 to 45 are a core audience segment…for your brand.…But the 35 to 45 year old mom…
- Explain the importance of quality content when it comes to mobile marketing.
- Describe the ways in which mobile is both innovative and disruptive.
- Determine your brand’s mobile readiness.
- Use SWOT analysis as the framework for assessing your brand.
- Give examples of how to turn data into insights.
- Cite the three steps for implementing a mobile strategy.
- Describe why you might want to consider working with external partners.