In this video tutorial, Noah Elkin shares the importance of knowing your audience and that audience demographics and technographics are key data points. He explains how different tactics come into play at different stages of the customer journey and the more you know the better you'll be able to engage your customers.
- Marketing is all about reaching and connecting…with your audience, and that's true…regardless of the channel or device.…So the more you know about your audience,…the better the chance that you'll be able to engage them.…That means you have to dig deep into who your customers are,…how they break down demographically,…and what their technographics are, in other words,…their use of technology and devices…and how that usage dictates…the kind of activities they engage in.…I'm willing to bet you have access…to a fair amount of important data about your audience,…the ratio of males to females,…dominant age groups, household income levels,…geographic distribution, and so forth.…
You just have to know where to find it.…Getting to the information you need…may require some digging.…It may be stored by different groups within your company.…Marketing may have some of it,…sales other pieces of it, and so on.…Identifying stakeholders and key groups in the company…is a good place to start.…You probably also have a good sense…
- Explain the importance of quality content when it comes to mobile marketing.
- Describe the ways in which mobile is both innovative and disruptive.
- Determine your brand’s mobile readiness.
- Use SWOT analysis as the framework for assessing your brand.
- Give examples of how to turn data into insights.
- Cite the three steps for implementing a mobile strategy.
- Describe why you might want to consider working with external partners.