In this video tutorial, Noah Elkin explains that understanding your audience is like putting together a puzzle and that audience segmentation helps you refine your customer data into a clearer picture. Audience segments help you understand possible mobile tactics for reaching specific groups based on their characteristics and behaviors.
- [Instructor] Understanding your audience…is a little like putting together a puzzle.…You start with the basic outline of who your customers are…and you gradually fill in more pieces…until a full picture emerges.…To continue the analogy, the data you've collected…about your customers' demographics and technographics…and their mobile habits are the outline to your puzzle.…In this video we're going to talk about…adding some of the inside pieces.…That means breaking down the demographic, technographic…and behavioral data into segments.…These are high-level classifications…or groupings of customers…based on common defining characteristics and behaviors.…
Segmenting your audience will help you figure out…how the data will translate into actionable strategy…and tactics for engaging your customers.…Refining the data in this way also keeps it manageable…because you'll no longer have…a mass of anonymous information.…Instead you'll start to see patterns emerging…and a clearer picture of identifiable targets.…Imagine for a second that you're a small chain…
- Explain the importance of quality content when it comes to mobile marketing.
- Describe the ways in which mobile is both innovative and disruptive.
- Determine your brand’s mobile readiness.
- Use SWOT analysis as the framework for assessing your brand.
- Give examples of how to turn data into insights.
- Cite the three steps for implementing a mobile strategy.
- Describe why you might want to consider working with external partners.