Yohann goes over how to use the Apple TV virtual remote controller that comes with the TV simulator. Get an overview of the user interface and learn how use the Touch surface and the input buttons to control and navigate through your apple TV applications and through the integrated TV operating system.
- [Voiceover] Let's take a look at the…virtual Apple TV Remote device…and how to use this to control the Apple TV device.…The Apple TV simulator user interface is identical…to the physical device and behaves exactly the same way.…Since TV screens are not touchscreens,…the Remote serves as the main entry point for user input…to interact with the TV application.…I already have the virtual Apple TV Remote open,…which I brought up by clicking on Hardware,…Show Apple TV Remote.…
To interact with the Apple TV,…I have to use the Remote's controllers.…Let's take a close look at the Remote's controllers.…The empty black area is the touch surface which…allows the user to navigate up, down, right, and left…by swiping the finger on it.…The bottom section contains the main buttons.…The left button is the menu button,…the middle one is the home button,…and the right side button is the play/pause button.…
To use the Apple TV Remote to navigate…left, right, up, or down,…I cannot just use the swipe gestures used on…the iPhone simulator.…
- Setting up Apple TV for Xcode
- Developing for tvOS
- Adding a new target to the project
- Running targets in the Simulator
- Working with the tvOS UIKit
- Adding images and sounds to the app
- Building the user interfaces
- Adding and connecting modal views
- Connecting the tab screens to the code
- Adding a tvOS app with iTunes Connect
- Publishing tvOS apps
- Adding advertisements to tvOS apps
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS App Development: Essential Courseswith Mike Wong37m 47s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. tvOS UIKit
Work with the storyboard1m 25s
3. Porting an App
4. iTunes Connect
5. App Publishing
6. Extra Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.