In order to publish the TVOS app to the iTunes app store, A provisioning profile is required to sign the application. Yohann will go through the steps of creating the distribution provisioning profile and explain that Apple needs a profile for iOS and a profile for TVOS, even if it's the same app. Yohann will demonstrate two different way to get the provisioning profiles downloaded and ready to use in Xcode.
- [Voiceover] The next step is to create…a provisioning profile to be able to publish…the TVOS app to the app store.…Unfortunately, I cannot use the same…provisioning profile as my iOS app.…Apple requires a unique provisioning profile…to submit a TV app.…I have the Apple Developer website open…in the browser window.…I'll click on the Member Center…and authenticate using my developer account credentials.…I click on sign in.…Now that I'm signed in, I'll select the certificate…identifiers and profiles link.…
Under the iOS apps section, I will select…the provisioning profiles link.…I will begin by clicking on the distribution link…under the provisioning profile tab.…To add a new provisioning profile,…I'll select the plus icon in the top right corner.…Under distribution, I'll select…the Apple TV App Store option.…I now click on Continue.…I will use a Generate App ID.…
If somehow, you do not have the app ID,…you can always go back to the app ID's identifiers…and click on the plus sign to add…your own app ID.…Once my app ID has been selected,…
- Setting up Apple TV for Xcode
- Developing for tvOS
- Adding a new target to the project
- Running targets in the Simulator
- Working with the tvOS UIKit
- Adding images and sounds to the app
- Building the user interfaces
- Adding and connecting modal views
- Connecting the tab screens to the code
- Adding a tvOS app with iTunes Connect
- Publishing tvOS apps
- Adding advertisements to tvOS apps
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. tvOS UIKit
Work with the storyboard1m 2s
3. Porting an App
4. iTunes Connect
5. App Publishing
6. Extra Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.