Yohann will start working on porting the Apple TV User Interface by looking into the Apple TV storyboard file. He will go over the contrast between the elements and controls on iOS versus the Apple TV ones. He will then go over how to find TVOS items. Get briefed on Apple's recommendation for the Apple TV user experience.
- [Voiceover] The Apple TV Target…has a Main dot Storyboard File,…just like an iOS App.…The Main dot Storyboard File is located…under the Explore California TV Target.…I click on it to see the User Interface Builder.…Each one of these controls correspond…to one view on the Apple TV App.…Unfortunately, I cannot copy controls from the iPhone App…and import them into the Apple TV App.…
Even though the Items may have the same Class name,…such as UI Label or UI Button,…they are not compatible.…I will have to create a brand new User Interface.…I can easily find any elements and controls…just like I would for an iOS App.…I'll open the Right-side Panel,…by clicking on the Right-side Panel Icon.…Within the Right-side Panel, I click on the Inspector Tab…which has a Search Bar at the bottom.…
I'll double check that I have the…Object Library Tab selected.…I can now look for the elements…I want to add to each View Controller Screens.…I am now searching for UI Label,…and here it is, ready to use.…I can start building the User Interface.…
- Setting up Apple TV for Xcode
- Developing for tvOS
- Adding a new target to the project
- Running targets in the Simulator
- Working with the tvOS UIKit
- Adding images and sounds to the app
- Building the user interfaces
- Adding and connecting modal views
- Connecting the tab screens to the code
- Adding a tvOS app with iTunes Connect
- Publishing tvOS apps
- Adding advertisements to tvOS apps
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. tvOS UIKit
Work with the storyboard1m 2s
3. Porting an App
4. iTunes Connect
5. App Publishing
6. Extra Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.