Yohann goes over the Apple TV specific dimensions. Yohann also explains how the various televisions screen dimensions can affect your user interface and how to avoid these issues. Explore Apple's recommendation on various topics such as text, typography, colors, video playback, and how to use company branding within the TV app.
- Working with the TV screen dimensions…can feel foreign at first.…There are many different TV screen size dimensions.…The Apple TV screen output is at a size of…1,920 pixels wide…by 1,080 pixels high.…This is called cinematic theater size or 1080p.…The Apple TV has only one resolution now.…Not every TV can display the 1080p image.…
Most new TVs do but there are still many TVs…that cannot display such a high resolution.…Apple TV developers have to take resolution into account.…An app could appear blurry on some TVs,…especially if it has small images or text.…TVs also have different aspect ratios.…The Apple TV screen size ratio is 16:9.…Some TV screens are close to square…while others look rectangular.…
Some televisions will not display the full view…and some elements on each side of an app…might get cropped by the TV.…Apple suggests that some areas of an app…should have less content,…especially the areas around the edge of the screen.…Place important information closer to the…center of the screen.…Some areas should not contain any content.…
- Setting up Apple TV for Xcode
- Developing for tvOS
- Adding a new target to the project
- Running targets in the Simulator
- Working with the tvOS UIKit
- Adding images and sounds to the app
- Building the user interfaces
- Adding and connecting modal views
- Connecting the tab screens to the code
- Adding a tvOS app with iTunes Connect
- Publishing tvOS apps
- Adding advertisements to tvOS apps
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS App Development: Essential Courseswith Mike Wong37m 47s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. tvOS UIKit
Work with the storyboard1m 25s
3. Porting an App
4. iTunes Connect
5. App Publishing
6. Extra Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.