Join Tammy Coron for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of iOS 9 Handoff Quick Start.
- [Voiceover] Before we begin, there is a few things we need to cover. Firstly, in order to get the most out of this course, you should know the basics of iOS programming and how to use Xcode. This includes working with view controllers, views, variables, strings, and so on and so forth. You should also know and understand the Swift programming language. You don't have to be an expert, but knowing your way around Swift and Xcode will be helpful. Secondly, if you plan to run the demo project included with the exercise files, you'll need the latest version of Xcode installed, which at the time of this recording is 7.2.1.
You'll also need two Handoff-capable iOS devices on which to test. While these are not a requirement for the course, they are a requirement if you plan to run the sample project.
- Getting started with Handoff interactions
- Understanding activities and activity types
- Implementing Handoff support
- Creating, updating, and continuing an activity
- Handling errors with Handoff interactions