Got a great iOS app? Convert it to tvOS! Learn how to use the tool you're already familiar with—Xcode—to adapt, test, and publish apps on the new Apple TV platform.
- In 2015, Apple shook things up by adding app development for Apple TV to the mix. As developers, we now have the privilege to design apps and games for big TV screens at high resolution, freeing us from the limited space of an iPhone screen. This is the first Apple product that can be used simultaneously by the whole family and between friends, bringing a new social experience to a device that is always connected to the internet.
It's time to take your killer iOS apps to a new platform. That's what this course is all about. Hi, I'm Yohann Taieb. And I have been developing for the Apple ecosystem for over seven years. In this course, I'll show you everything you need to know to get an iOS app ready for Apple TV. I'll be porting a simple iPhone app called Explore California to Apple TV. I'll begin by showing how to add the TV target to an existing project. Then, I'll walk through the process of porting iOS views and code to the new TV target.
Next, I'll discuss all the unique assets needed when publishing an Apple TV app like the top shelf image, icons, and screen shots. Finally, I'll log into iTunes Connect to finish up the publication process. I've got a great iOS app that's ready for launch on Apple TV. Let's do this!
- Setting up Apple TV for Xcode
- Developing for tvOS
- Adding a new target to the project
- Running targets in the Simulator
- Working with the tvOS UIKit
- Adding images and sounds to the app
- Building the user interfaces
- Adding and connecting modal views
- Connecting the tab screens to the code
- Adding a tvOS app with iTunes Connect
- Publishing tvOS apps
- Adding advertisements to tvOS apps
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. tvOS UIKit
Work with the storyboard1m 2s
3. Porting an App
4. iTunes Connect
5. App Publishing
6. Extra Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.