Yohann runs the California app on the iPhone simulator. Get familiar with the application user interface and navigation. Get an in-depth look at which elements and controls are used in every screens as Yohann will go through the existing code to get a better understanding how each elements will be translated into the upcoming Apple TV app.
- [Voiceover] Before I begin porting my iOS…app to Apple TV I want to verify that my iOS…app is functional.…I have the project open from the exercise files folder.…I'll select the iPhone 6 target simulator…and test the app.…I'll press Play and walk through all the app functionality.…The app was designed to use the majority…of the native iOS controls.…The app is based on a tab bar controller template.…I can go from the first tab to the second tab…by pressing the icons in the bottom bar.…
The first tab contains a standard view controller…with many important controls such as an image view,…a label, a text field, standard buttons and custom buttons.…When I enter my name in the text field…and press the Done button another dialog appears…that uses the information from the text field.…The Explore button presents a child view controller…with an image view and a bug button that dismisses…this child view controller.…
On the second tab the view controller is based…on the table view controller that displays…a list of entries pulled from the custom data layer class.…
- Setting up Apple TV for Xcode
- Developing for tvOS
- Adding a new target to the project
- Running targets in the Simulator
- Working with the tvOS UIKit
- Adding images and sounds to the app
- Building the user interfaces
- Adding and connecting modal views
- Connecting the tab screens to the code
- Adding a tvOS app with iTunes Connect
- Publishing tvOS apps
- Adding advertisements to tvOS apps
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. tvOS UIKit
Work with the storyboard1m 2s
3. Porting an App
4. iTunes Connect
5. App Publishing
6. Extra Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.