Yohann explains why he needs to launch an application build validation prior to uploading the TVOS application to iTunes Connect. He then starts the validation process and goes over when the validation have succeeded or failed. He then explains what to do if the validations brought back error messages.
- [Voiceover] Before I upload my app to iTunes Connect,…I need to validate it.…Validation for Apple TV…is just like validation for iOS apps.…The validation process ensures that the app's…executable files pass the standard iTunes Connect checks.…Some of checks include making sure…that the assets are complete,…and that the correct build settings have been entered.…Now is a good time to make sure…I haven't forgotten any settings and to verify…that no important assets might be missing,…such as an icon or a top shelf image.…
I will validate my build by clicking…on the Validate button located to the right.…On the Validate overlay,…I'll select my account.…If my account wasn't showing in the drop down menu,…I can click on View Accounts to add my developer account,…then resume this process.…I click on Choose,…which prepares my archive for validation.…The Summary screens show that my app set up…was found in iTunes Connect.…If my app settings are not found,…it usually means that there is a discrepancy…in the Provisioning Profile set up.…
- Setting up Apple TV for Xcode
- Developing for tvOS
- Adding a new target to the project
- Running targets in the Simulator
- Working with the tvOS UIKit
- Adding images and sounds to the app
- Building the user interfaces
- Adding and connecting modal views
- Connecting the tab screens to the code
- Adding a tvOS app with iTunes Connect
- Publishing tvOS apps
- Adding advertisements to tvOS apps
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS App Development: Essential Courseswith Mike Wong37m 47s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. tvOS UIKit
Work with the storyboard1m 25s
3. Porting an App
4. iTunes Connect
5. App Publishing
6. Extra Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.