Yohann will go through the process of creating a top shelf image for the TVOS application. Get to know where the top shelf image is located on the Apple TV screen. Learn how to take the most out off the top shelf image. Learn what the top shelf image specifications are. Finally get to add the top shelf image in Xcode.
- [Voiceover] A tvOS app needs a Top Shelf Image.…The Top Shelf Image is used when the user pins a TV app…onto the top row of the Home screen.…When the app has focus, the Top Shelf Image is displayed.…This is a great opportunity to showcase your app…and entice the user to open it.…The Top Shelf Image is required to get the app approved…with a size of 1920…times 720 pixels.…
The Top Shelf can display one image…or multiple images just like the app icon does.…Back in Xcode, I will now add the Top Shelf Image…from the Project folder into the Top Shelf entry.…The name of the file is top-shelf.png.…I am drag and dropping it…inside of the Top Shelf Apple TV entry.…Here it is.…Now, there is also an image for the launch image screen,…which, you might remember,…it used to be the case for iOS projects.…
Today, iOS projects have a launch screen, the storyboard,…to handle complex launch screens.…At the moment, tvOS targets only use one image…as a launch screen.…This might change in the future,…and tvOS could use a storyboard like iOS,…
- Setting up Apple TV for Xcode
- Developing for tvOS
- Adding a new target to the project
- Running targets in the Simulator
- Working with the tvOS UIKit
- Adding images and sounds to the app
- Building the user interfaces
- Adding and connecting modal views
- Connecting the tab screens to the code
- Adding a tvOS app with iTunes Connect
- Publishing tvOS apps
- Adding advertisements to tvOS apps
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. tvOS UIKit
Work with the storyboard1m 25s
3. Porting an App
4. iTunes Connect
5. App Publishing
6. Extra Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.