Yohann will focus on the labels and buttons controls. Learn Apple's best practices and dive into using uilabels and uibuttons within your TV application. Yohann will demonstrate the proper way to use them and finally get to test the newly added controls by launching the TV application in the Apple TV simulator.
- [Voiceover] I have opened the main.storyboard…within the ExploreCaliforniaTV target…to look at UI labels and UI buttons.…I'm going to work on the two views…that were automatically added…with the Xcode tab template.…Here are the first and second scenes.…I can zoom in the first scene by double clicking on it.…Now, in the left side panel of the interface builder,…I can click on the first scene entry to expand it.…
I can see that the first view controller…already comes with UI labels,…which has text that says first view.…Apple suggests avoiding labels…as much as possible though this app starts…with two labels.…The font used in these labels is very small…and would be hard to read…on the regular TV screen.…What I really need to do is add a few buttons.…
I'll type button into the search box…at the bottom of the inspector tab.…As soon as I hit Enter, I see the UI button control.…I will select the first button entry,…not the bar button item,…and I will drag and drop it inside of my first view.…Apple recommends using either a text button,…
- Setting up Apple TV for Xcode
- Developing for tvOS
- Adding a new target to the project
- Running targets in the Simulator
- Working with the tvOS UIKit
- Adding images and sounds to the app
- Building the user interfaces
- Adding and connecting modal views
- Connecting the tab screens to the code
- Adding a tvOS app with iTunes Connect
- Publishing tvOS apps
- Adding advertisements to tvOS apps
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS App Development: Essential Courseswith Mike Wong37m 47s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. tvOS UIKit
Work with the storyboard1m 25s
3. Porting an App
4. iTunes Connect
5. App Publishing
6. Extra Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.