Yohann goes over the series of steps to build the newly added Apple TV target. Learn how to launch the new TVOS target in the Apple TV simulator. Learn how to select the correct target. Learn how to connect a physical Apple TV device to xcode. Learn how to add Apple TV simulator with a specific TVOS version.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Now is a good time…to test the tvOS target in the tvOS simulator.…In order to do so, I need to select the correct target.…Indeed, now that the project contains two targets…one for iOS and one for tvOS, I need…to be able to switch from the iOS target to the tvOS one.…I can do so by clicking on the drop down menu…in the top left corner right next to the stop button.…If I also had an Apple Watch target,…I would be able to see it within this drop down menu.…
I now select the Explore California TV target…which is the name I gave to the TV target.…Now, the TV target had three subsections.…The first subsection is the device section…which is where my real physical Apple TV appears…because it is connected to my computer.…The connection cable is not included…with the Apple TV product.…You need a USB-C Cable to use the Apple TV as a developer.…
The second subsection is the build only device…and it is used during the archiving process…to build the release version of the Apple TV app…to distribute to the App Store or via ad hoc.…
- Setting up Apple TV for Xcode
- Developing for tvOS
- Adding a new target to the project
- Running targets in the Simulator
- Working with the tvOS UIKit
- Adding images and sounds to the app
- Building the user interfaces
- Adding and connecting modal views
- Connecting the tab screens to the code
- Adding a tvOS app with iTunes Connect
- Publishing tvOS apps
- Adding advertisements to tvOS apps
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. tvOS UIKit
Work with the storyboard1m 2s
3. Porting an App
4. iTunes Connect
5. App Publishing
6. Extra Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.