Yohann explains how the navigation works on the Apple TV and goes over what makes it different from the navigation on the iPhone. Get familiar with the unique focus system and learn how to use it to improve user experience. Learn about the menu button and how to use it in your app as the "Back" button
- [Voiceover] The navigation mechanics of the Apple TV…are very different than the iPhone.…The user will usually have to go through more…navigation step and more clicks…to perform a specific task on an Apple TV,…than on an iPhone.…The reason why lays on the fact that the iPhone's…touchscreen is far more intuitive than the Apple TV remote.…On an iPhone, it's just as easy as tapping the exact…control to trigger an action.…On the Apple TV, in order to get to click on a…specific button, the end user has to navigate…through many controls that are within the currently…focused control and the targeted control,…which means, navigating through other controls…to reach the desired control.…
This is the main hurdle to overcome…when developing for Apple TV.…Users tend to ignore the underlying navigation…unless the navigation becomes difficult,…meaning that the app user interface…doesn't feel intuitive.…The navigation starts at the top bar,…in the left corner, where the user can select…a specific section, numbered one through five here,…
- Setting up Apple TV for Xcode
- Developing for tvOS
- Adding a new target to the project
- Running targets in the Simulator
- Working with the tvOS UIKit
- Adding images and sounds to the app
- Building the user interfaces
- Adding and connecting modal views
- Connecting the tab screens to the code
- Adding a tvOS app with iTunes Connect
- Publishing tvOS apps
- Adding advertisements to tvOS apps
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS App Development: Essential Courseswith Mike Wong37m 47s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. tvOS UIKit
Work with the storyboard1m 25s
3. Porting an App
4. iTunes Connect
5. App Publishing
6. Extra Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.