Yohann will go over the main differences between GameCenter on OS and on TVOS. He will then explore the required imagery for GameCenter on TVOS. Explore the artwork specifications needed for dashboard artwork, leaderboards and achievements. He will aso go through Apple's recommendations, as well as how to use the new 3D parallax effect on imagery.
- [Voiceover] If my app was using achievements…and leaderboards, I would be using…the Game Center features of iTunes Connect.…The tvOS Game Center assets are quite different…than the iOS ones.…Let's take a look at the image assets…required for the Game Center.…The Game Center uses a dashboard artwork grid…with a maximum size of 923 pixels by 150 pixels.…The dashboard image is optional,…but it's a great opportunity to market an app…by branding the dashboard.…
The dashboard image never gets focused on,…so there is no need to take into account…the possibility of having the artwork stretched.…Apple allows the dashboard image to use alpha transparency…where the background would show.…The Game Center can have multiple leaderboards.…Each leaderboard requires its own icon artwork.…The tvOS leaderboard artwork needs to have…a ratio of 16:9, while iOS ones have a one to one ratio.…
The leaderboard image is focusable…and Apple recommends using multiple image layers,…to give the deliverable artwork the 3D parallax effect…when the user swipes the remote TV controller on top of it.…
- Setting up Apple TV for Xcode
- Developing for tvOS
- Adding a new target to the project
- Running targets in the Simulator
- Working with the tvOS UIKit
- Adding images and sounds to the app
- Building the user interfaces
- Adding and connecting modal views
- Connecting the tab screens to the code
- Adding a tvOS app with iTunes Connect
- Publishing tvOS apps
- Adding advertisements to tvOS apps
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. tvOS UIKit
Work with the storyboard1m 25s
3. Porting an App
4. iTunes Connect
5. App Publishing
6. Extra Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.