Yohann explores the lastest version of Xcode, Apple's IDE. Learn how the TVOS SDK works within Xcode. Understand the frameworks and technologies that iOS shares with TVOS, to leverage existing code. Resuse your iOS codebase to create rich games and apps that look amazing on the new Apple TV. Indetify the tools you need to port you iOS app to the Apple TV. Install additional components to get started with TVOS development.
- [Voiceover] A great range of Apps can now be made for Apple TV. From Social Apps to streaming movies, to listening to music, to Productivity Apps, even games. The tvOS is based on iOS, but it is nonetheless different, as some frameworks are only supported on tvOS. One of the main difference is the ability to have Multi-user Apps and games on the same TV device. Developers can either create new Apps or reuse the iOS code as a starting point for tvOS App.
Either way, developers will use X Code as the integrated development environment and use Objective C, and Swift languages. When porting an existing project, developers can add an additional target to the iOS Project to speed up process. These will only share resources. The storyboards are unique to tvOS as the interface is much different than iOS. Developers have to follow the human interface guidelines specific to tvOS.
As for publishing the tvOS App, new TV specific provisioning profiles are required. Having said that, porting Apps to an Apple TV is a simple process, if you already have an iOS Application.
- Setting up Apple TV for Xcode
- Developing for tvOS
- Adding a new target to the project
- Running targets in the Simulator
- Working with the tvOS UIKit
- Adding images and sounds to the app
- Building the user interfaces
- Adding and connecting modal views
- Connecting the tab screens to the code
- Adding a tvOS app with iTunes Connect
- Publishing tvOS apps
- Adding advertisements to tvOS apps
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. tvOS UIKit
Work with the storyboard1m 2s
3. Porting an App
4. iTunes Connect
5. App Publishing
6. Extra Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.