Yohann will go over the files that were automatically added when we selected a TVOS template while adding the Apple TV target. Explore the similarities and contrast between the TVOS file structure and the iOS one. Familiarize yourself with the new requirements for the app icons and the top shelf image
- [Voiceover] When I added the tvOS target to my iOS app,…Xcode automatically created a set of files for me.…These files are located…within the Explore California TV group,…which appears as a yellow folder…within the groups and files' left side panel.…The name of the folder is the same…as the name of the TV target.…If you name yours differently, then your folder…will have a different name than mine.…I can always change the target's name…by clicking on the target's drop down menu,…and selecting Manage Schemes.…
I can now click on the target's name and edit it.…Here, I'm changing the name from Explore California TV…to ExploreCaliforniaTV without a space…between the word "California" and "TV",…and then press Enter,…and Close.…Now, I look in my targets,…and I see the name of my Apple TV target changed.…Let's explore the different files…that were created for us automatically.…At first glance, I see many files…that have the same names as the ones for the iOS app…because they are used for the same purpose.…
Indeed, the Apple TV app boilerplate files…
- Setting up Apple TV for Xcode
- Developing for tvOS
- Adding a new target to the project
- Running targets in the Simulator
- Working with the tvOS UIKit
- Adding images and sounds to the app
- Building the user interfaces
- Adding and connecting modal views
- Connecting the tab screens to the code
- Adding a tvOS app with iTunes Connect
- Publishing tvOS apps
- Adding advertisements to tvOS apps
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. tvOS UIKit
Work with the storyboard1m 2s
3. Porting an App
4. iTunes Connect
5. App Publishing
6. Extra Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.