Yohann will explain why developers needs to take screenshots of an app for iTunes Connect. He will then go through the screenshots requirements, such as dimensions, and maximum quantity allowed, as well as the allowed image formats. He will then explore the different ways to take screenshots on the Apple TV simulator, as well as taking screenshots and live movie recordings from the physical device.
- [Voiceover] Screenshots are uploaded…to the App Store…to demonstrate how a TV app works.…At least one screen shot is required…to be able to submit a TV app.…A maximum of five screenshots are allowed.…At the moment, there is only…one screenshot dimension available.…It needs to be 1920 x 1080 pixels.…The screenshot image can either be…a .png format or a .jpeg format,…as long as no pixel is transparent within the image.…
Here is how to take screenshots…on the Apple TV simulator.…I'll go to the screen that I want to take a screenshot of,…then I click on the File Menu,…and then, click on Save Screen Shot.…By the way, the shortcut keys are command + S.…The screenshot can be found on the desktop…as a .png image file.…If I want to take a screenshot on the physical device,…I can connect my Apple TV to my Mac computer…using the USB C cable,…then open QuickTime Player…and select the Apple TV as the source,…and take a screenshot.…
But the problem is that the screenshot dimension…will vary depending on the screen dimensions,…
- Setting up Apple TV for Xcode
- Developing for tvOS
- Adding a new target to the project
- Running targets in the Simulator
- Working with the tvOS UIKit
- Adding images and sounds to the app
- Building the user interfaces
- Adding and connecting modal views
- Connecting the tab screens to the code
- Adding a tvOS app with iTunes Connect
- Publishing tvOS apps
- Adding advertisements to tvOS apps
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. tvOS UIKit
Work with the storyboard1m 25s
3. Porting an App
4. iTunes Connect
5. App Publishing
6. Extra Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.