Yohann will start building the storyboard view of the "First View" controller which is made of essential controllers. Learn how to use labels, textfields, imageViews, and advanced buttons within a standard uiviewcontroller for TVOS. Finally, get to test the new application interface in the TV simulator.
- [Voiceover] I will need to port the…iOS First View UI to the Apple TV app.…I will open both Main.storyboard files,…the one for iPhones, and the one for Apple TV,…by displaying them in two Xcode tabs by pressing cmd + T.…And now, I will select the…main storyboard of the iPhone as well.…Now, I will recreate the FirstViewController.…If I try to copy and paste elements from the…iOS storyboard into the Apple TV storyboard,…it just won't work.…
For the sake of learning,…I'll select the UI label in the first view of the iOS app,…and click on Edit, Copy.…Now, I'll switch storyboards by…clicking the TV storyboard Xcode tab.…I am selecting the First Scene.…In an iOS app, I would be able to paste the controls within,…but in the Apple TV app, when I click on Edit, Menu,…and try to paste, the option is disabled.…
Xcode won't let me paste the…iOS UI label into the TV storyboard.…I have no other option than recreating…the UI label and any other controls.…This is a pretty straightforward task most of the time.…I'll go find the label with the search box.…
- Setting up Apple TV for Xcode
- Developing for tvOS
- Adding a new target to the project
- Running targets in the Simulator
- Working with the tvOS UIKit
- Adding images and sounds to the app
- Building the user interfaces
- Adding and connecting modal views
- Connecting the tab screens to the code
- Adding a tvOS app with iTunes Connect
- Publishing tvOS apps
- Adding advertisements to tvOS apps
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS App Development: Essential Courseswith Mike Wong37m 47s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. tvOS UIKit
Work with the storyboard1m 25s
3. Porting an App
4. iTunes Connect
5. App Publishing
6. Extra Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.