Yohann explores the functionalities of the Apple TV simulator. Learn how to get the most out off the simulator's functionality and its hardware. Get to compare its functionalities to the ones of the iOS simulator. See what is unique to this simulator and get to learn how to find the virtual TV remote controller
- [Voiceover] There are many features…to the Apple TV Simulator.…The Apple TV Simulator shares many similarities…with the iPhone Simulator.…If you look at the top menu items,…you will recognize many of these items.…The leftmost menu item, Simulator,…has a few items that deserve attention.…Depending on the computer's monitor's resolution,…the Apple TV Simulator may be too big for the screen.…I can easily fix it by having the entire frame…fit the screen size by clicking…on the top menu bar's Window item, then clicking on Scale,…and choosing one of the five sizes available.…
The shortcuts are cmd + any number from 1 to 5,…the number 5 being the smallest Simulator frame size.…I personally will use the tvOS…as half its original size, which is 50%.…I'm clicking on 50%.…Another interesting menu item is the Simulator Version.…By clicking on About Simulator,…even though the Simulation number version is very close…to the tvOS SDK version, these are two different numbers.…
This one is about the Simulator version,…not the tvOS version running on it.…
- Setting up Apple TV for Xcode
- Developing for tvOS
- Adding a new target to the project
- Running targets in the Simulator
- Working with the tvOS UIKit
- Adding images and sounds to the app
- Building the user interfaces
- Adding and connecting modal views
- Connecting the tab screens to the code
- Adding a tvOS app with iTunes Connect
- Publishing tvOS apps
- Adding advertisements to tvOS apps
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. tvOS UIKit
Work with the storyboard1m 25s
3. Porting an App
4. iTunes Connect
5. App Publishing
6. Extra Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.