Yohann will explain how to be able to use a physical Apple TV box for development and for testing the app without having to be connected to the developer's computer. He will demonstrate how to get the Apple TV device UDID. Finally he will go over the steps necessary to add the device to the Apple developer portal for later use.
- [Voiceover] I need to register my AppleTV…in my developer account so that I can link my device…to the distribution certificate and test the…released version of my app.…I'll need to get my AppleTV device UDID.…A simple way is to connect the AppleTV to my computer.…Once done, I can open Xcode and under…the Window menu item, I will click on Devices.…By the way, the shortcut is Command+Shift+2.…
On the left side, I can see my devices that are…connected to my computer and I can see…the AppleTV right here.…Under the device information,…I have my AppleTV identifier.…I can right-click and copy.…I have the Apple Developer website open…in a browser window.…I'll click on Member Center and authenticate…using my developer account credentials.…
Now that I'm signed in, I'll select the…Certificate Identifiers and Profiles link.…Under the iOS App section, I will click on the Devices link.…Under Devices, I will click on AppleTV link.…In the top right corner, I will click on the plus sign…to add my device UDID.…Under the Register Device Name, I will just give it a name.…
- Setting up Apple TV for Xcode
- Developing for tvOS
- Adding a new target to the project
- Running targets in the Simulator
- Working with the tvOS UIKit
- Adding images and sounds to the app
- Building the user interfaces
- Adding and connecting modal views
- Connecting the tab screens to the code
- Adding a tvOS app with iTunes Connect
- Publishing tvOS apps
- Adding advertisements to tvOS apps
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. tvOS UIKit
Work with the storyboard1m 2s
3. Porting an App
4. iTunes Connect
5. App Publishing
6. Extra Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.