Yohann goes over the different approaches to create the Apple Watch Xcode project. Learn how to add the Apple TVOS target to any native iOS application whether the initial project is Universal, iPhone only or iPad only. Get familiar with the various types of TVOS project templates and learn how they mirror some of the iOS templates.
- [Voiceover] To make my app compatible with Apple TV,…I need to add the tvOS target to this Xcode project.…The target specifies the product to build…and contains the instructions for building the product…from a set of files in a project or workspace.…The target defines a single product.…It organizes the inputs into the build system,…the source files and instructions…for processing those source files…required to build that project.…
Projects can contain one or more targets,…each of which produces one product.…The instructions for building a product…take the form of build settings and build phases…found in the info.plist preference file…which you can examine and edit in the Xcode project editor.…You should already be familiar with search files…because iOS apps are also using these files.…A target inherits the project build settings…but you can override any of the project settings…by specifying different settings at the target level.…
There can be only one active target at a time.…The Xcode scheme specifies the active target.…
- Setting up Apple TV for Xcode
- Developing for tvOS
- Adding a new target to the project
- Running targets in the Simulator
- Working with the tvOS UIKit
- Adding images and sounds to the app
- Building the user interfaces
- Adding and connecting modal views
- Connecting the tab screens to the code
- Adding a tvOS app with iTunes Connect
- Publishing tvOS apps
- Adding advertisements to tvOS apps
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. tvOS UIKit
Work with the storyboard1m 2s
3. Porting an App
4. iTunes Connect
5. App Publishing
6. Extra Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.