Yohann will go through converting the last two views into Apple TV storyboard views. Learn how to add images views, how to add modal dialog views. Finally, learn how to integrate navigation bars with navigation items to allow the user to navigate freely through all the TV application's screens. Also learn how to integrate the "back functionality".
- [Voiceover] Going back to the iOS…Main.storyboard, I can see there is one more piece…to laying out my UI,…adding two final model views to match the iOS app,…the two views on the right side.…It is a good way to learn about child view controllers…and model view controllers.…The two views we will add…are the Map view controller…and the Activity Details view controller.…Heading to the TVOS Main.storyboard,…I can add a new view controller to the storyboard…by searching for view controller in the Controls search box.…
Before adding the view controller,…I want to zoom out as much as possible…to have a better view of all the views.…To the right of this, I will add my new view controller.…I will drag and drop the view controller…inside of the Main.storyboard.…I will start moving views around…to align them with each other…so that the space between each views is about the same.…The Map View displays the map of California.…
I'll add an image view to it,…just like the iOS app.…I'm selecting an image view within the search box,…
- Setting up Apple TV for Xcode
- Developing for tvOS
- Adding a new target to the project
- Running targets in the Simulator
- Working with the tvOS UIKit
- Adding images and sounds to the app
- Building the user interfaces
- Adding and connecting modal views
- Connecting the tab screens to the code
- Adding a tvOS app with iTunes Connect
- Publishing tvOS apps
- Adding advertisements to tvOS apps
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS App Development: Essential Courseswith Mike Wong37m 47s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. tvOS UIKit
Work with the storyboard1m 25s
3. Porting an App
4. iTunes Connect
5. App Publishing
6. Extra Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.