Yohann will demonstrate how to import graphical assets and sounds into the assets.xcassets folder. Yohann goes over which iOS image assets can be reused for the Apple TV target. Get familiar with Apple recommendations for TVOS images. The user will have a better experience if I use optimized image sizes. Get to test your newly added assets into the Apple TV simulator.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] To begin porting the iOS app user interface…to the Apple TV user interface,…I need to import images into the tvOS target.…I will click on the Main.storyboard of the tvOS target.…Then, after clicking on the Play button…of the first view controller,…I'll select Background entry in the inspector.…Auto-complete shows me all the image files from the iOS app.…
I want to just select the button that says…Button-explore-normal,…and it results in displaying the Explore image…on the storyboard button.…This is somewhat of a bug in the tvOS storyboard.…If I run the TV app in the simulator,…I don't see any images.…Images need to be added to the assets.…Xcode sees the images as present,…but they are not Apple TV assets.…
They are iOS assets.…I click on the iPhone target Assets.xcassets…and I see the image file in here.…And when I go to the TV target Assets.xcassets,…I can see that the images have not been added just yet.…Another location to verify which images have been added…to the TV app,…is by clicking on the root of the ExploreCalifornia project…
- Setting up Apple TV for Xcode
- Developing for tvOS
- Adding a new target to the project
- Running targets in the Simulator
- Working with the tvOS UIKit
- Adding images and sounds to the app
- Building the user interfaces
- Adding and connecting modal views
- Connecting the tab screens to the code
- Adding a tvOS app with iTunes Connect
- Publishing tvOS apps
- Adding advertisements to tvOS apps
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. tvOS UIKit
Work with the storyboard1m 2s
3. Porting an App
4. iTunes Connect
5. App Publishing
6. Extra Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.